Damien Fleuriot wrote:

> >> If you're trying to build up a cache to improve performance and response
> >> time, here's your scenario:
> >>
> >> DNS C, forward to DNS A,B for all queries
> >> DNS D, forward to DNS B,A for all queries
> >>
> >> Your cache will start building up and only responses that are not cached
> >> will be taken from your NS A and B servers.
> >
> > Sorry, I fail to see how this is any better than two independent DNS
> > servers. Perhaps a variant like
> >
> > DNS C, forward to DNS A
> > DNS D, forward to DNS A
> >
> > would be close to the goal of cache consolidation.
> >

> DNS A suffers an outage ; you're fucked, to put it bluntly.

Nope. DNS C and D will do the queries on their own. I don't suggest a
"forward only" setup. I just want the servers to share the cache.

[dd]

> On a side note, have you considered unbound ?
>
> It may be better suited to your needs and scale.

I would read a comparison of BIND and Unbound with great interest. Do
you perchance have a link?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
sip:suda...@sibptus.tomsk.ru