On 11/01/2012 22:32, Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Jason> Why not just point the PACKAGESITE to the Latest directory of the tree
> you
> Jason> want to install?
>
> I am, but it has zsh-4.3.15.tbz and not zsh.tbz, so I have to pkg_add -r
> "zsh-4.3.15", and that's the annoying part.

What's the directory structure like in your PACKAGESITE ?  If it's the
standard layout obtained eg. by creating /usr/ports/packages then the
following sort of structure should be automatically created:

% cd /usr/ports/packages
% find . -type d
.
./print
./pear
./archivers
./textproc
./net
./misc
./graphics
./mail
./All            <<--------****
./devel
./java
./security
./editors
./www
./ports-mgmt
./ftp
./converters
./python
./x11-toolkits
./x11
./Latest         <<---------****
./x11-fonts
./perl5
./deskutils
./tk
./net-im
./ipv6
./net-mgmt
./lang
./geography
./portmaster-download
./gnome
./dns
./databases
./sysutils
./math
./audio

viz. directories mirroring each port category (created when you build a
package from a port in one of those categories) plus the two indicated
extras. (Well, and the one portmaster uses for its backups.) 'All' just
contains a copy of every package you build.  'Latest' however contains
links to the latest version of each package, like so:

% ls -1 ap*
ap22-mod_perl2.tbz@
apache22.tbz@
apg.tbz@
apr-ipv6-devrandom-db48-pgsql90.tbz@
apr-ipv6-devrandom-db48-pgsql91.tbz@

where...

% ls -l apache22.tbz
lrwxr-xr-x  1 root  wheel  24 Dec 23 17:51 apache22.tbz@ ->
../All/apache-2.2.21.tbz

This is what the LATEST_LINK variable mentioned earlier in the thread is
all about.

Point PACKAGESITE at the /usr/ports/packages/Latest  and it should work
as you require.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3