On 01/26/12 12:55, Doug Poland wrote:
On Jan 25, 2012, at 18:04 , Chuck Swiger wrote:

On Jan 25, 2012, at 2:08 PM, Doug Poland wrote:
The issue I'm having is the shebang line of the scripts in OS X is
#!/bin/sh, and it turns out that is really an instance of bash, and
the code contains some bashisms.  On FreeBSD I have bash in
/usr/local/bin/bash.

Is there an "easy/best" way to have a single shebang that works on
both OS's?  I'd rather not change FreeBSD's bourne shell to bash with
any symlinking of /usr/local/bin/bash to /bin/sh.
Try using something like:

  #!/usr/bin/env bash

(If the shell scripts are something written by Apple rather than by
third-parties, please also consider filing a bug report.)

This gets me closer, but the scripts behave differently now on OS X.  For
example, printf's don't output the same.

Try searching on google and find out exactly what sh MacOSX is using. Then you'd have a better idea on what you're working with.