On 1/30/2012 at 7:26 PM Chris Whitehouse wrote:

|http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=136327
|
|includes a workaround, hopefully it will work for you:
|
|disable firewire (IEEE 1394) in BIOS.
|rebuild kernel with device sbp disabled and install it.
|reboot
|if it works re-enable firewire in BIOS.
|
|The reason you didn't see it in some versions is because GENERIC was
|shipped with sbp disabled (I think).
|
|Someone is/was working on a fix.
 =============

Thanks for the quick reply.   In 9.0, it looks like sbp is commented
out in the GENERIC kernel.

# FireWire support
device          firewire        # FireWire bus code
# sbp(4) works for some systems but causes boot failure on others
#device         sbp             # SCSI over FireWire (Requires scbus and da)
device          fwe             # Ethernet over FireWire (non-standard!)
device          fwip            # IP over FireWire (RFC 2734,3146)
device          dcons           # Dumb console driver
device          dcons_crom      # Configuration ROM for dcons

btw, I don't get a boot failure.  Once the 60-second timeout expires,
the boot process continues and ends with a working login prompt.  I'm
just wondering how I can find out what it causing the message....