Hi all,

I installed 9-RELEASE on an SDD. Hadn't done one since 6.2 so the new install process was... different.

Was surprised not to have the x-user type install scenario. Since the handbook install doc says to use sysinstall for ports and packages, I started up sysinstall and told it to install xorg-server, firefox, thunderbird for starters. It claimed it installed, and pkg_info says there's a boatload of stuff installed, but I can't find an X11 directory or executables anywhere. Also can't find any distfiles. Previous X installs started up the server and tuned it, but nothing happened in that regard either.

clues?

Thanks,

Gary