On 02/16/12 06:14, Chip Oakley wrote:
Hello,

I am upgrading to BSD from windows.

I am having complications with an old password from Windows that I cannot
remember.

I created an ISO Boot CD on another computer and installed it and made sure
to set the BIOS to boot from CD, to no avail.

Is there a way to access the executable files from the CD and overwrite
windows for my BSD installation?
Welcome to FreeBSD!

FreeBSD and Windows are completely incompatible, I'm afraid. Can you boot from usb? You can download a memstick img from the same place you got your cd iso. More cost effective too - no old releases floating around for years; you just reuse the same old memstick! ;)

If you try a memstick, make sure its big enough. Most of the smallest usb sticks you can buy are about 4G anyway, so it will work. You need about 1.5G. And I believe you can use SD or other memory cards as well.