RW skrev 2012-02-19 13:59:
On Sun, 19 Feb 2012 10:22:57 +0000
Matthew Seaman wrote:

Four possibilities, roughly in order of severity:

    1) None of the security patches between p3 and p6 did actually
       touch the kernel.  You can tell if this was the case by looking
       at the list of modified files in the security advisory.  The
       kernel is affected if any files under sys have been
       modified other than src/sys/conf/newvers.sh

       The last advisory that did touch the kernel was
       http://security.freebsd.org/advisories/FreeBSD-SA-11:05.unix.asc

       which should have given you 8.2-RELEASE-p4.  However -- see
       below.

But aren't all those changes the linux kernel module, rather than the
kernel itself.

I think  8.2-RELEASE-p3 looks OK.

I don't know if it's the solution to your question but I asked the same a while back and the answer I got was that I had to recompile and install the kernel then you'll have p6 :-)

/Leslie