On 02/24/12 21:08, Arthur Chance wrote:
On 02/23/12 22:55, Da Rock wrote:
On 02/24/12 05:01, Julian H. Stacey wrote:
Arthur Chance wrote:
DO NOT FEED THE TROLL!
Well spotted& said :-)

[snip]

However misguided they are, they may believe strongly in this; so I'm
not sure there is a troll per se.

The evidence is that they have only targeted freebsd.org addresses, and
only the questions list. If they were trolling, why not include all the
other lists?

A reasonable question but the discrepancies between

> My name is Roy Mathew.

and

> From: Al Hadith <allne...@gmail.com>

seem a typical indication of a troll. The sometimes mangled English after claiming an Anglo-Saxon name and the non sequitur final line also suggest troll. Finally, as far as I understand it, many followers of Islam would find the use of "Al Hadith" as an adopted name to be provocative. Yes, the OP may be a genuine seeker after truth, but my money's on troll.
Agreed. But something doesn't smell right...

The name, the address, the introduced name, the Islamic connotations; weird. The english sounded like some english teenagers, so thats no clue.

The islamic name and the claim that the icon was offensive is the only aspect of this email that could ring true. There is more to this than meets the eye here, I'd say.

Seeker of truth? Doubt it... no offense to those of the islamic (or others as well - christian specifically included) persuasion at all - this directed at the originator of the message, but truth is a matter of perspective. The sooner _all_ get that, the sooner life can move on and gain stability. This is just to clarify my comment - not to start a flame or further digression.

Leave it alone and wait and see if nothing further happens... then we'll know whats what.