On 2/25/12 10:26 AM, Bender, Chris wrote:

On telnet w IP it says unable to connect.
Its weird that the delivery on A says deferred connection timed out but on
tcpdump I see the port 25

If you can't establish a TCP connection from A to your relay server on port 25, I'd expect all of the above. If you can't establish a TCP connection to port 25 at all from A, I'd stop focusing on the details of the e-mail server on the relay machine (as they're likely to be beside the point) and start focusing on what is blocking the traffic from A. Have you audited all the firewalls involved? To be really focused, if you see traffic (both ways) at the relay server when A tries to talk to port 25, but A is convinced that no TCP connection is established, either you're stomping on things at the relay server (do your attempts to telnet to port 25 fail immediately or just sit there for a good long time and then fail?), the reply packets from relay to A are getting mis-routed, or A is ignoring the packets coming in from the relay. Can you ping from the relay to A?

There's a distinct difference between failure to establish a TCP connection (look to the network stuff) and the e-mail server giving you an error response rejecting your attempt to transfer mail or just quietly loosing the mail (look to the e-mail servers).

--
--Jon Radel
j...@radel.com