2012-03-05 10:20, Edward M. skrev:
On 03/05/2012 12:42 AM, Bernt Hansson wrote:
Build the port on amd64 and install it on i386 as a package.

Is it possible? Pointers? Handholding? How-to?

http://filipenf.wordpress.com/2011/10/18/cross-compiling-for-x86-in-freebsd-64-bit/

Thank you for the pointer. I do find it a bit overkill to setup jails and such, just to build a few ports. I was thinking more along the line of;

cd /usr/ports/"random port"

make "it for i386 even if we are building it on amd64, ooh by the way build it as a package, and all dependencies as packages as well"

Oh man, man ports. But I do not find the flag -build-for-another-system-cpu-whatever

Can the ports system be (ab)used in that way?