On 08/03/2012 15:55, kamolpat wrote:
> Setup Reference
> ==============
> 1. I read the how to setup from  FreeBSD Handbook (online)-> Chapter 29
> Electronic Mail -> 29.10 SMTP Authentication  from freebsd.org
> 2. setup for cyrus-sasl2 was fine (setup via
> usr/ports/security/cyrus-sasl2)
> 3. setup for openssl was 90% fine (setup via port) reference to FreeBSD
> Handbook (online)->Chapter 15 Security -> 15.8 OpenSSL
>     accept the "STARTTLS" line doesn't appear  as mention on the last
> part of article.

Did you rebuild sendmail with the right flags so that it would enable
all the SASL bits?  Apart from that you seem to have done all the right
stuff that I can see.

You need to add this to /etc/make.conf:

SENDMAIL_CFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include -DSASL=2
SENDMAIL_LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib
SENDMAIL_LDADD=-lsasl2

and then rebuild sendmail -- assuming you have system sources installed:

# cd /usr/src/usr.sbin/sendmail
# make clean
# make
# make install

If you haven't got the system sources installed, then you can get them
easily enough with csup(1) or freebsd-update(8) or several other ways.
Or you could just install sendmail from ports -- obviously, make sure to
choose the option to enable SASL in the config dialogue.  If you use the
ports sendmail, so long as you set up mailer.conf(5) to point to the
ports version -- like so:

lucid-nonsense:/etc/mail:% cat mailer.conf
# $FreeBSD: stable/8/etc/mail/mailer.conf 93858 2002-04-05 04:25:14Z
gshapiro $
#
# Execute the "real" sendmail program, named /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
#
sendmail        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
send-mail       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
mailq           /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
newaliases      /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
hoststat        /usr/local/sbin/sendmail
purgestat       /usr/local/sbin/sendmail

and put the following in /etc/make.conf so it uses the latest
configuration file bits:

SENDMAIL_CF_DIR=        /usr/local/share/sendmail/cf
MAKEMAP=                /usr/local/sbin/makemap

then the ports sendmail is pretty much a drop-in replacement for the
system one, and you can use all the config bits in /etc/mail in exactly
the same way as normal.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--