On 03/09/12 15:08, Bernt Hansson wrote:
2012-03-08 19:46, Chad Perrin skrev:
On Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 08:51:03AM +0000, Arthur Chance wrote:
On 03/07/12 21:40, Chad Perrin wrote:

If anyone has more information about planned BSD Unix ports to
Raspberry
Pi, or comes up with more in the next few weeks, I'd appreciate it if
someone would let me know (perhaps with URIs or contact information for
people and projects working on this).

There was a discussion about it over on hackers@ last November. The
thread starts at

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-hackers/2011-November/036742.html

TL;DR summary: some are wildly in favour of it, others are
completely negative. I.e. the usual network response to anything :-}

I'm curious about the reasoning for the negative. I'll have to go skim
that thread. Thanks for pointing it out to me.

Unless someone capable and willing to do the port managed to get one
of the first production batch, the next lot won't be available for
7-8 weeks at the earliest. My order is currently expected to be
delivered the second week in May.

That helps me get sort of a timeline in mind, I think.

The production is halted.

http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/781

The key sentence is:

> There may now be a slight delay in later batches if there’s a problem > sourcing enough magnetic jacks (we’ve got teams hunting them down
> already); all the stock of jacks we believed we had in place and
> ready to turn into the ethernet ports on your Raspberry Pis turn out
> not to be the correct part, so we’re having to start again and move
> through the negotiating/ordering/delivery cycle as fast as we can.

Somewhat more conditional than a simple "halted" to my eyes. That could be me being optimistic but I hope not.