From: owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org
[mailto:owner-freebsd-questi...@freebsd.org] On Behalf Of Carmel
Sent: 13 March 2012 17:30
To: FreeBSD
Subject: Making Music / Video folders on FreeBSD visible on HD TV

Presently, I have three HD TVs, two Samsung and one Sony. On these TVs there is
a menu where I can access remote devices to access music or videos. By marking
the folders "shared" in Windows, these folders are available on these TVs. I
have found no way to accomplish the same thing with my FreeBSD-8.2 PC. Simply
using Samba and creating a shared music or video directory does not work. I
contacted Samsung and they told me that they do not support architecture other
than Microsoft & MAC and that I should contact whoever wrote the OS I am
working with for assistance. I didn't bother with Sony since I assume I would
have only gotten the same response.

If anyone understands what I am talking about and has a feasible solution I
would love to hear. I had considered either mapping a drive in Windows that
pointed to the FreeBSD share or creating a link to it.
I would prefer not to have to go that route however, even if it did work.

I probably should add that this entire system is wireless with the exception of
the FreeBSD machine that is hard wired to the wireless router.

--
Carmel
carmel...@hotmail.com