On 26/03/2012 08:53, Kai Gallasch wrote:
> I wonder why there are no more stable freebsd-stable snapshots made available
> on the ftp servers.
> Was there an official explanation?
>
> ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/snapshots
>
> The process of publishing them somehow stopped in mid-2011.
>
> From time to time it comes in very handy for testing purposes, to have
> snapshot releases available.

The RE team has been busy with actual releases since about that date:
first 9.0 and at the moment 8.3.  Even so, this does seem to have fallen
by the wayside.

As an alternative, allbsd.org carries snapshots:

ftp://ftp.allbsd.org/pub/FreeBSD-snapshots/

If you're concerned about downloading OS images from random sites on the
net (and you should be), this site is run by a leading FreeBSD developer
h...@freebsd.org and I think it's trustworthy.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

--