On Fri, 27 Apr 2012, Eric Schuele wrote:

All,

I've been using fusefs-ntfs for quite a while with no issues for my ntfs
needs in 8.x

I recently updated to 9.0-RELEASE, and now my machine panics upon
writing to an ntfs mount.  I did rebuild all fusefs-ntfs ports after the
upgrade.

Anyone else experiencing this or similar?

Similar maybe, I moved from kde 3.5 ==> xfce 4.8. When upgrading my workstation to 9.0, I installed the following fusefs packages:

  fusefs-kmod-0.3.9.p1.20080208_8
  fusefs-libs-2.7.4
  fusefs-sshfs-2.2

Every so often various errors come up. Unfortunately I can not diagnose the various issues because xorg 7.5 removes the ability to switch to a vty. I get no kernel panics and no core dumps. My symptoms are various low level services cease. Last time I could not terminate any tasks. I had thought this one was related to geany as I had just opened a file. However I routinely have at least one sshfs mount going, sometimes 2.

As I recall, my symptoms to date have been: no task can terminate, mouse stops working, and a total system lockup. These events were seemingly random. I will stop using sshfs for a bit and see what happens.