Alejandro Imass <ait <at> p2ee.org> writes:

> Thanks for pointing a plausible cause. What I have done so far is
> limit the offending jail to a specific cpuset and I wanted to add
> another disk to avoid contention with other jails. MySQL not only
> consumes the whole CPUs but also limits the whole drive, while it's
> doing some crazy full scan query on a very large database.

I would strongly suggest that you file a PR for nullfs, with included
reference to that PR#147420 I mentioned.
There is enough of circumstancial evidence.
I think there is a chance that a jail panic (corrupted fs or "nullfs path
translation") may be the cause of MySQL going bananas.
Anyway, the more similar reports they receive the better a chance they will
discover any problems, if any.

It would be good if you read these sections:

JAIL(8)
Setting up the Host Environment - a potential for mixing up traffic of same
  services in host env and jail env.
Jails and File Systems - multiple jails sharing the same file system can
  influence each other.
Hierarchical Jails - jail names reflect the hierarchy, but jids on the other
  hand exist in a single space, and each jail must have a unique jid.
BUGS
NOTES

JEXEC(8)
BUGS (ref to JAIL(8), Hierarchical Jails)

jb