On Fri, 25 May 2012 13:33:29 -0400
Sam Jones <samjones1...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Forgive me if this is a repeat topic. I'd appreciate it if somebody
> could point me to the answer.
>
> I recently upgraded to 9.0 on my server, but since then a lot of
> ports-related commands (portupgrade, pkg_version, portsnap, etc.) just
> hang when I try to execute them. I'm not even really sure where to
> begin troubleshooting. Has anybody else seen this behavior?

Upgrading world leads to many system libs being updated, too. When ports
are dependant on these, a recompile of these ports might help.

If you need/want to be sure, sysutils/bsdadminscripts is supposed to
contain a script to check for broken shared libs system-wide and a
ldd(1) on the binary you are trying to run will spit out some libraries
you can the try to find(1).

Hope to have been of some help, cheers, Christopher