I have a number of servers that I am about to upgrade to FreeBSD 9.0.  The
processors all have the ability to run i386 or amd64.  The machines all have 2
GB memory which is more than adequate for their intended use.  Some of these
are replacing very old equipment that is being retired and did not have the
ability to run amd64 so everything has been i386 till now.  The question is
what are the advantages or disadvantages of switching to amd64?  I have tested
all the various applications on amd64 and they work fine.  Is there going to be
any benefit down the road in a few years to being on amd64?  If so, now would
be the time to switch.