On 14/06/2012 10:45, Leslie Jensen wrote:
> When I do
>
> freebsd-update install
>
> I get this error:
>
> Installing updates...install: ///usr/src/lib/libc/gen/libc_dlopen.c: No
> such file or directory
>
> I think it's because I do not have all sources installed. So I just want
> to confirm that it's the case.

If you're using freebsd-update then you don't need the libc sources.
Does no harm to have them around.

Given you're using a custom kernel then you definitely do need the
kernel sources: that's everything under /usr/src/sys plus a few other
bits and pieces.

> Also, should I care and install the source needed?

The default setting for freebsd-update is to install the system sources.
 If you haven't changed /etc/freebsd-update.conf then something odd is
happening.  Perhaps you manually deleted the contents of /usr/src ?

If you definitely don't want the system sources, then edit
/etc/freebsd-update.conf and change this section in the obvious way:

# Components of the base system which should be kept updated.
Components src world kernel

# Example for updating the userland and the kernel source code only:
# Components src/base src/sys world

ie. comment out the first 'Components' line and uncomment the second.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
JID: matt...@infracaninophile.co.uk               Kent, CT11 9PW