Hi,

On Wednesday 20 June 2012 19:32:24 Fred Morcos wrote:

> I am new to FreeBSD, coming from a GNU/Linux background (most
> comfortable with Archlinux). I compiled a series of questions I would
> like to ask in different areas and categories. Should I send them all
> in a single email message or should I split them by subject/topic into
> different emails?

whatever you will be doing, some will say that it is wrong.

> The advantage of the former is that I will be able to easily show
> relations between the different topics and questions (put them into
> context) as well as articulate the setup I would like to reach. The
> advantage of the latter is that it is cleaner and simpler to answer
> one question by one.
>
> Also, I have done a bit of poking around to answer each of my own
> questions, obviously with no luck, so I do not mind RTFM-ing - I would
> actually prefer it, please feel free to link me to an article,
> tutorial, man page or handbook that already answers one or more
> question(s).

I think that it is the best to ask. If people get disturbed by your questions,
they should ignore it. The majority will be keen to help.

You have choosen the general list. In case you cannot get an answer to a
specific question, you can still post the same question later on the specific
mailing list.

Just be practical.

Erich