On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:56:59 +0200, lokada...@gmx.de wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How can i disable cups, docbook and other ports from compiling after
> port update?
> I have no printer and no use of cups or docbook.

If you don't mind the _time_ required for building those ports
(and taking into mind that the disk space occupied doesn't
even matter as disks are big and cheap today), you don't have
to _enable_ CUPS if you're actually _not_ using it. That would
be "disabling" them. :-)

Sadly, there's no really comfortable way of not _building_ them
as they are (almost "hardcoded"!) dependencies for other ports
you might be using. There are some config screens (see "make
config" and "make config-recursive" or portmaster's --force-config
option) where you _might_ have the chance to de-select some of
those ports so they won't build. But as I said, that depends on
the "primary" ports you're using and their dependencies.

You know, "by accident", you could even install LaTeX (teTeX)
as a dependency! :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany