a) Normally any Domain name registered has to have 2 Nameservers. Some

don't have to. but should.

registry like the one responsible for .ORG requires 2 at least to propagate the domain. In teh case of .COM that is not a requirement, one nameserver could work. If for some reason I have 2 of them and one is configured to point to SERVER A , and the other to SERVER B. Differenet places, same configuration. Is there any preference over what is PRIMARY NAMESERVER or SECONDARY NAMESERVER? I mean, Primary is the one used mainly?

actually when another DNS server resolve the name it may use any of them. Primary and secondary is mostly term for you - DNS operator. Primary is the way where you type in domain definition file, secondary is the one that fetches the file from primary every time it was modified.