This has been covered many times before, I'm sure, just I just can't
find it now I have need.

A consultant with one Win2k system behind a home-office NAT firewall
needs to speak Microsoft protocols to an NT4 server inside my FreeBSD
NAT firewall. Also connect to the Oracle database.

I currently have an IPsec VPN to yet another site with an identical
FreeBSD firewall as I have here. Microsoft protocols flow over that link
as well.

The fact her remote Win2k system is already behind NAT suggests to me
using Win2k built-in IPsec isn't going to work with racoon?

She can ssh to my FreeBSD system. I have not disabled sshd port
forwarding. An attractive low threshold of pain might be to use PuTTY on
Win2k and port forward to here. Research suggests she would have to
disable filesharing, or possibly remove that module, in order to free
ports 137-139 so this would work. Might work but isn't "low threshold of
pain."

Simple ssh port forwarding should work fine for Oracle.

Next thought would be to tunnel PPP thru SSH. Have found plenty of
examples of how to do this Unix to Unix but not from inferior OS's.

Yet another thought was to use PPPoE. Win2k should have a PPPoE client.
Is there a tool on FreeBSD to receive such connections? Would it appear
on the Win2k system as another network interface or would it be her sole
interface while it is up? Encryption for PPPoE?

--
David Kelly N4HHE, [EMAIL PROTECTED]