On 06/21/2012 12:33 AM, Hooman Fazaeli wrote:
Now, I want to the same thing on 8.3 and wanted to know
your opinion on ZFS stability. Is there any success story using
ZFS in 24x7, large volume, heavy duty servers? Is there any
other option other than ZFS to build larger than 2TB file systems?

I like the ZFS theroy, However I would have to question ZFS Pool Version Number 28 stability, that is what freebsd 9.0 comes with. because it was never really used/marked as production ready by sun/oracle. in my opionion version 28 is consider as a development version. solaris 11 uses version 33 so that is consider as production ready but it is closed source. i think the last open zfs version pool marked as production ready,was pool
   version 14 and 15
zfs sounds great however i would actally trust more UFS2 for 24x7 servers.

  agian this is my opinion, could be wrong:-)