On 06/25/12 04:58, Thomas Mueller wrote:

Zip 100 drive, and also SyQuest SyJet drive, got to where they would
> just eject the disk a few seconds after insertion.

I hope I'm remembering this correctly (this happened probably ten years ago or so): I had an internal Zip drive which showed this behaviour as soon as I mounted it, but it was very simple to fix.

My Zip drive had some sort of glue tape all around it at the front; this tape was bended and locked some very small lever which ejected the disk: unbending the tape was enough to get the drive working properly again.

 bye
        av.