On 12/07/2012 21:26, Kaya Saman wrote:
> My issues start coming into play when building the actual port itself.
> Ie. fetching the distfile, as you suggested above.
>

> As soon as I start running portmaster -a or a 'make install clean' on
> certain ports, the progress just bombs out totally.
>

> It would be really cool if I could find a way to centrally manage all of
> this. So perhaps in conjunction with CVSup.....
>

> Something like a Linux repo server if you will - though I mention the
> term very loosely.

Have you played with pkgng at all?  It's a bit new to use in production
just yet, although reports from testers have been pretty positive so
far, and it's perfectly fine for evaluation purposes.

It will solve your main problem of not being allowed FTP traffic, as you
can select a package repository accessible through HTTP -- like
the main test repository http://pkgbeta.freebsd.org/freebsd-9-amd64/latest

See http://wiki.freebsd.org/pkgng

        Cheers,

        Matthew