On Mon, 23 Jul 2012 12:59:55 +0800, lei yang wrote:
> [...]
> > port's Makefile lists some sources:
> >
> > ftp://coast.cs.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/netutils/netcat/
> >
> > ftp://ftp.cuhk.edu.hk/pub/packages/security/purdue/netutils/netcat/
> >
> > http://www.planetmirror.com/pub/lprng/TOOLS/
> >
> > You could try to use that source distribution as well.
> >

> Thanks for the great help, I have built it successfully on my ubuntu.
> I find it's not the version I want
> I want use the version on Rehat,which has a "-U" flag( yes, I want to
> use this flag) but the above version has no this flag
>
> on redhat:
>
> usage: nc [-46DdhklnrStUuvzC] [-i interval] [-p source_port]
>         [-s source_ip_address] [-T ToS] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_version]
>         [-x proxy_address[:port]] [hostname] [port[s]]
>       Command Summary:
>               -4              Use IPv4
>               -6              Use IPv6
>               -D              Enable the debug socket option
>               -d              Detach from stdin
>               -h              This help text
>               -i secs         Delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
>               -k              Keep inbound sockets open for multiple connects
>               -l              Listen mode, for inbound connects
>               -n              Suppress name/port resolutions
>               -p port         Specify local port for remote connects
>               -r              Randomize remote ports
>               -s addr         Local source address
>               -T ToS          Set IP Type of Service
>               -C              Send CRLF as line-ending
>               -t              Answer TELNET negotiation
>               -U              Use UNIX domain socket
>               -u              UDP mode
>               -v              Verbose
>               -w secs         Timeout for connects and final net reads
>               -X proto        Proxy protocol: "4", "5" (SOCKS) or "connect"
>               -x addr[:port]  Specify proxy address and port
>               -z              Zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
>       Port numbers can be individual or ranges: lo-hi [inclusive]

> with the above you list:
>
> lyang0@lyang0-OptiPlex-755:~/tmp/nc110$ ./nc -help
> [v1.10]
> connect to somewhere: nc [-options] hostname port[s] [ports] ...
> listen for inbound:   nc -l -p port [-options] [hostname] [port]
>       -g gateway              source-routing hop point[s], up to 8
>       -G num                  source-routing pointer: 4, 8, 12, ...
>       -h                      this cruft
>       -i secs                 delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
>       -l                      listen mode, for inbound connects
>       -n                      numeric-only IP addresses, no DNS
>       -o file                 hex dump of traffic
>       -p port                 local port number
>       -r                      randomize local and remote ports
>       -s addr                 local source address
>       -u                      UDP mode
>       -v                      verbose [use twice to be more verbose]
>       -w secs                 timeout for connects and final net reads
>       -z                      zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
> port numbers can be individual or ranges: lo-hi [inclusive]
>

> it has no "-U" flag, can you point me where I get this version

This indicates you did use the netcat version that also is
in the FreeBSD Ports Collection. The netcat version that
belongs to the FreeBSD system (the operating system itself)
does seem to have the switch you need.

>From my home FreeBSD box (8.2-STABLE of August 2011, i386),
THIS is the netcat help message:

% nc -help
usage: nc [-46DdEhklnrStUuvz] [-e policy] [-I length] [-i interval] [-O length]
          [-P proxy_username] [-p source_port] [-s source] [-T ToS]
          [-V rtable] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_protocol]
          [-x proxy_address[:port]] [destination] [port]
        Command Summary:
                -4              Use IPv4
                -6              Use IPv6
                -D              Enable the debug socket option
                -d              Detach from stdin
                -E              Use IPsec ESP
                -e policy       Use specified IPsec policy
                -h              This help text
                -I length       TCP receive buffer length
                -i secs         Delay interval for lines sent, ports scanned
                -k              Keep inbound sockets open for multiple connects
                -l              Listen mode, for inbound connects
                -n              Suppress name/port resolutions
                --no-tcpopt     Disable TCP options
                -O length       TCP send buffer length
                -P proxyuser    Username for proxy authentication
                -p port         Specify local port for remote connects
                -r              Randomize remote ports
                -S              Enable the TCP MD5 signature option
                -s addr         Local source address
                -T ToS          Set IP Type of Service
                -t              Answer TELNET negotiation
                -U              Use UNIX domain socket
                -u              UDP mode
                -V rtable       Specify alternate routing table
                -v              Verbose
                -w secs         Timeout for connects and final net reads
                -X proto        Proxy protocol: "4", "5" (SOCKS) or "connect"
                -x addr[:port]  Specify proxy address and port
                -z              Zero-I/O mode [used for scanning]
        Port numbers can be individual or ranges: lo-hi [inclusive]
See ipsec_set_policy(3) for -e argument format

It seems you sould then try to use the FreeBSD's netcat sources.
In my previous message, I pointed out where to find it (i. e. in
the system's sources).

By the way, wouldn't it be easier to use Red Hat's netcat source
to compile on Ubuntu, because both are Linusi (and therefore should
be "more equal" to each other than Ubuntu to FreeBSD)?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany