On 24 Sep 2012, at 09:36, Ivan Klymenko wrote:

> I run command <praudit /dev/auditpipe> and watch its output to the
> console, and i stop the praudit, but /dev/auditpipeX files remain.
>
> I have not found a way how to remove the files /dev/auditpipeX - only
> to rebooted.

Hi Ivan:

Cloning device nodes will garbage collect as a result of pressure from other
device nodes being created, or possibly if system memory gets low. At some
point we may transition to using a single device nodes with per-session state,
supported as of FreeBSD 8.x if I recall, and patches have been circulated --
however, it should make no practical difference from a user perspective. So, in
conclusion, no, not a bug, just a feature that might be surprising.