I am working on switching from updating my systems with csup to subversion, for the systems I have behind a proxy server. When I was using csup, I used an SSH connection, tunneling the 5999 port through the proxy server. Now that I am looking at subversion, I have found the ~/.subverison/servers file, edited the [global] section removed the comment # from the front of the http-proxy-host and http-proxy-port lines, and added the correct values. Realizing I may still have to add some configuration settings to allow the subversion http methods through to the proxy, I went ahead and tried to run a test check out command. However it doesn't try to hit the proxy server, I just get an immediate no route to host error returned. I know the server has access to the proxy, I was able to use pkg_add with the necessary environment variables to add subversion to this system. The system is a fresh clean install of FreeBSD 9.0-release, with only the packages added for subversion. Looking at the proxy server logs the check out doesn't log anything, which leads me to believe that svn isn't reading its configuration file, or is simply ignoring the http-proxy-host and http-proxy-port lines. Has anyone setup one of their FreeBSD systems to use subversion behind an http proxy, and know what I am missing?

--
Thanks,
   Dean E. Weimer