On Saturday 03 November 2012 14:11:22 you wrote:

> > BTW: packages are almost all the time outdated.
>
> The packages in the RELEASE directory and on the installation
> media meet the frozen ports tree (frozen _prior_ to the release
> date), so yes, they are a bit outdated, but they are considered
> "mostly stable and usable" when in use with what is distributed.
> On the server, both _those_ packages _and_ those in Latest/ (which
> are periodically built from the "advancing" ports tree after the
> release date) are often considered not _that_ current as if you
> would use CVS or SVN to obtain the "bleeding edge" latest ports
> tree and build from source.

I didn't complain about "bleeding edge" sofware which we anywhere don't have
(Gimp, Xorg, LibreOffice and all dependencies for those applications and more
and more which I don't use and I don't need) but I complain about freezing
ports too early before new release came out and after that rebuilt 5000 ports
for example just because png new version is coming out. Or am I wrong?

> So yes, you could say what you said. :-)

Mitja
--------
http://www.redbubble.com/people/lumiwa