Manish Jain skrev 2012-11-04 12:37:

Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2012 16:41:45 +0530
From: bourne.ident...@hotmail.com
To: les...@eskk.nu
CC: freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject: Re: My freebsd partition changed by Windows chkdsk (Leslie Jensen)

On 04-Nov-12 13:17, Leslie Jensen wrote:

Manish Jain 2012-11-02 19:18:

1) Boot from your FreeBSD CD/DVD, enter the slice editor and
change the type of your FreeBSD slice back to 165. Do not press Q.
Press W instead. Conform with Yes to the warning, and then press
Ctrl+Alt+Del to abort the installation.

2) Boot from your FreeBSD CD/DVD again, and run boot0cfg -B in an
emergency shell.

<My legal disclaimer comes here, but do let me know if you get lucky>

I hope my message sounds less cryptic now. I personally don't have
anything against running chkdsk or fixmbr, AS LONG AS I have backed
up the important sectors.

Regards

Manish Jain
bourne.ident...@hotmail.com

Just in case you are not aware how to change the filesystem type in the slice
editor,

highlight your FreeBSD slice and press T. Make sure you enter 165 as the
filesystem

type, and then press W and confirm the change. Then press  Ctrl+Alt+Del and
reboot.

Regards

Manish Jain

bourne.iden...@hotmail.com

Thank you for the advise you have provided.

I did as suggested and it was no problem at all.

Unfortunately it seems as if the partitions was destroyed as well. When I look at the slice with the label editor it's empty. So chkdsk did a thorough change unfortunately.

Can you think of anything that would bring back the partitions?

/Leslie