On 11/16/2012 08:52 AM, Matthias Petermann wrote:
>     Hi Andreas,
>     do I understand it right - the default behaviour of freebsd-update will
>     be to update a 9.0 system to 9.1 when it becomes available? So this is
>     a rolling procedure?

Hi

No it only updates the release you have.
To upgrade you wil have to use -r and specify the release
In other words to upgrade use
freebsd-update -r 9.1-RELEASE upgrade

>     I ask this because I could not find a parameter etc. in the man page
>     which may influent this, e.g. to limit updates to stay in a main
>     release (9.0, 9.0-p1, 9.0-p....., 9.0-p12) but don't upgrade to 9.1.
>     Kind regards,
>     Matthias
>     Am Freitag, 16. November 2012 00:25 CET, Andreas Rudisch
>     <"cyb."@gmx.net> schrieb:
>
>       On Thu, 15 Nov 2012 23:46:53 +0100
>       Matthias Petermann wrote:
>       > Thanks for the clearification. One technical thing: is it
>       possible, to upgrade
>       > from FreeBSD 9.0 to 9.1 with the freebsd-update utility?
>       Yes, it is.

This e-mail message, including any attachment(s), is intended solely for the
addressee or addressees. Any views or opinions presented herein are solely
those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of OSE.

If you are not the intended recipient of this communication please return this
e-mail message and the attachment(s) to the sender and delete and destroy all
copies.