I probably should cc the hardward guys about this.  first, see if it
        geta  any traction here, tho.  my tech guy got me a Delll 3010
        that has an "improved" [[meaning screwed up]] BIOS with some
        hardware mess called the UEFI.

        Trying to get ssh to work *bi-directionally* i royally f'ked up my
        installation for well over 27 hours.  ssh still fails to connect going
        in to my "new tao"; but this time I know what to avoid.  my
        question is simple: of what use is this new/improved POS setup?

        im sure its the same for every flavor of unix. my view is that it
        mjust makes using non-windozw that much more painful.

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.