On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 06:00:29 -0500, Jerry wrote:
> On Mon, 19 Nov 2012 11:43:06 +0100
> Polytropon articulated:
>
> > Allow me to provide just one example:
> >
> >     More in the series of bizarre UEFI bugs
> >     http://mjg59.dreamwidth.org/20187.html
>
> That doesn't appear to be a bug. It appears that the code is doing
> exactly what the designer wanted it to do. At best this was an
> oversight by the designer; at worse just plain incompetence.

That's quite possible. We've seen poorly implemented ACPI
behaviour in "modern" BIOS as well, or manufacturers
intendedly going "their way" to limit hardware in what
it can do or what it will support.

It's just my fear that UEFI won't do better per se, and
that lazy or incompetent people will screw it up, and
make it worse.

The article mentions "legacy boot" to restore a somewhat
"normal" behaviour...

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany