On 11/27/12 22:25, Aleksandr Miroslav wrote:
Finally got sick of seeing tons of ssh break-in attempts in my logs. Am
considering using denyhosts, or fail2ban. Anyone have any experience
with these?

I'm already using the AllowUsers facility of ssh to only allow specific
users in, so I'm not overly concerned about the attempts.

This is for a FreeBSD 8.x box running pf, btw.

It's probably major overkill and may not fit your needs but this article by Colin Percival is an interesting enhancement to the non-standard port solution.

http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2012-08-30-protecting-sshd-using-spiped.html