On 16/12/2012 06:51, Oleg simonoff wrote:
>  Want to to ask the unix community about my problem. Don`t know what to
> do.....
>  racking my brain over ...
>  The system freeBSD 8.2
>  Got some trouble with compilation portupgrade-2.4.9.9,2
>
>  /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade sudo make install
>  ===> Configuring for ruby-1.8.7.370,1
>  /usr/bin/touch /opt/ports/lang/ruby18/work/ruby-1.8.7-p370/configure
>  aclocal-1.12: error: 'configure.ac' or 'configure.in' is required
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Stop in /opt/ports/lang/ruby18javascript:doImageSubmit('Send').
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Stop in /opt/ports/lang/ruby18.
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Stop in /opt/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade.
>  *** Error code 1
>
>  Stop in /opt/ports/ports-mgmt/portupgrade.
>
>  But that ruby was installd correctly.
>  Please, let me know, what mast i do? Not found something about that in
> google......

So, you're saying ruby18 is already installed, but when you attempt to
install portupgrade it tries to reinstall it?

Given you have the ports in an odd location, might I ask where exctly is
ruby installed?  The ports expects to find other ported software in
subdirectories under ${LOCALBASE} -- which is almost always just the
default value /usr/local [*].  If the ruby18 binary isn't available as
${LOCALBASE}/bin/ruby18 then the ports will try and reinstall it.

The same goes for any other dependencies of portupgrade -- they all have
to co-habit in the same tree under ${LOCALBASE} if the ports is going to
find and deal with them correctly.  You can't scatter them around your
filesystems willy-nilly.

If you're using a non-standard $LOCALBASE, then setting that in the
environment should sort things out for you.  Would be a very good idea
to simultaneously set $PREFIX to the same value.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

[*] Note that LOCALBASE (where the ports looks for previously installed
dependencies) is different to PREFIX (where the ports installs software
to).  Generally you'ld have both set to the same location, as anything
else gets very unwieldy very quickly.  About the only reason to have
PREFIX != LOCALBASE is if you are a port maintainer testing changes to a
port, and you don't want to spam your live system with test installs.

--
Dr Matthew J Seaman MA, D.Phil.