Matthew Seaman wrote:
On 23/12/2012 13:11, Fbsd8 wrote:
Ok but as my question asks, how do you configure things
to get that to work? I am after the details.

You need to run an instance of sshd in each jail.  Because sshd defaults
to binding to INADDR_ANY, you need to modify the sshd configuration in
the host system, so it binds to a specific address, otherwise it will
likely block out the jailed sshd's:

ListenAddress 192.0.2.1
ListenAddress 2001:DB8::1
ListenAddress 127.0.0.1
ListenAddress ::1

sshd in the jails doesn't need any similar configuration change.

You don't need user accounts in your host system for the jail users --
each jail can have it's own passwd file etc.  However, it can be useful
to make sure that UID numbers for regular users in host and jails don't
overlap.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

What does the remote ssh login command look like?
ssh on the host does not use the standard port 22.
It uses 2299 instead. this stopped all the ssh break-in attempts.