On Wed, Jun 04, 2003 at 03:37:11PM -0400, Constantine wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I am running FreeBSD 4.8. How can I synchronise my clock with some NTP
> server? The time on my server right now is 4 minutes fast, and I do not
> like that... Can I set up a script that would automatically synchronise
> the time with some available server?
Add:

xntpd_enable="YES"
xntpd_flags="-l /var/log/ntpd.log" # with logging

to /etc/rc.conf (this flag is different in 5.0 mind for anyone else that
tries this on 5.0) and then configure ntpd in /etc/ntpd.conf:

server ntp2a.mcc.ac.uk # choose a server near you obviously :)
driftfile /etc/ntp.drift

I think you might have to 'touch /etc/ntp.drift' initially - same with
/var/log/ntpd.log.

> My server is located in the USA, in case one would like to suggest some
> good servers to synchronise with. :-)
As mentioned above check the official ntpd site - or even just google
for 'ntpd server usa'.

Cheers,
Jez