Hi,

On Mon, 31 Dec 2012 20:45:39 -0500
Fbsd8 <fb...@a1poweruser.com> wrote:

> Adam Vande More wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 31, 2012 at 7:23 PM, Fbsd8 <fb...@a1poweruser.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> >> I want to compare 2 different directory trees to each other to
> >> locate any differences in directories and files contained there in.
> >>
> >> Any suggestions?
> >>

> > mtree(8)
> >

>  From the man page I don't see how to code mtree to compare 2
> different directory trees against each other.

you can compare a directory tree which is rooted in your current
directory and a specified one.

>From man:

The mtree utility compares the file hierarchy rooted in the current
directory against a specification read from the standard input.
Messages are written to the standard output for any files whose
characteristics do not match the specifications, or which are missing
from either the file hierarchy or the specification.

Erich