Hiho,

after upgrading to 9.1 I have got a problem with my sound card. Sry I
am not sure what sound card I have (onboard chipset by NVidia), but it
uses the snd_hda module for sure. Sometimes my sound goes completely
away and I found this message in the logs:

> pcm0: chn_write(): pcm0:play:dsp0.p1: play interrupt timeout, channel
> dead

I can not reproduce this, it sometimes happens when watching youtube
and sometimes when listen to music via VLC. It happened to me at least
5-6 times until now. I need to reboot my machine in order to reset the
driver which is pretty annoying.

Do you have any similar issues with the improved snd_hda stack?

Maybe this is my onboard chipset:

> hdac0: <NVIDIA MCP61 HDA Controller> mem 0xfce78000-0xfce7bfff irq 23
> at device 5.0 on pci0
> hdac1: <NVIDIA GT108 HDA Controller> mem 0xfcf7c000-0xfcf7ffff irq 17
> at device 0.1 on pci2

Stephan