>________________________________

> From: "Zyumbilev, Peter" <pe...@aboutsupport.com>

Hi, I've installed debian 6 in a jail, from FreeBsd 9.1 x86-64 by following the
instructions from this thread. However, I also updated my /etc/resolv.conf
inside the jail, but I get this error when I do ping:

server# /etc/rc.d/jail start debian
Configuring jails:.
Starting jails: debian.

server# jls
   JID  IP Address      Hostname                      Path
    13  192.168.0.250   debian                        /usr/home/jails/debian

server# jexec 13 bash
root@debian:/# uname -a
Linux debian 2.6.32 FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec  4 09:23:10 UTC
2012 i686 GNU/Linux

root@debian:/# ping www.google.com
WARNING:
WARNING: your kernel is veeery old. No problems.
PING www.google.com (173.194.42.17) 56(84) bytes of data.
ping: recvmsg: Invalid argument
ping: recvmsg: Invalid argument

Apart from getting those ping errors, I cannot "apt-get update":

root@debian:/# apt-get update
Get:1 http://security.debian.org squeeze/updates Release.gpg [836 B]
Ign http://security.debian.org/ squeeze/updates/contrib Translation-en
Get:2 http://ftp.debian.org squeeze Release.gpg [1672 B]
Ign http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ squeeze/contrib Translation-en
99% [Working]FATAL -> Could not set non-blocking flag Bad file descriptor
E: Method http has died unexpectedly!
E: Sub-process http returned an error code (100)

I need apt-get to install g++, to be able to compile a linux c++ app from
FreeBsd.

--
Leonardo M. Ramé
http://leonardorame.blogspot.com