Hello.

2013/01/16 16:17:55 -0700 Warren Block <wbl...@wonkity.com> => To Peter
Vereshagin :
WB> On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Peter Vereshagin wrote:
WB> > 2013/01/16 15:24:00 -0500 Greg Larkin <glar...@freebsd.org> => To Peter
Vereshagin :
WB> > GL> Please see my message from a similar thread a few months ago for a
WB> > GL> possible solution:
WB> > GL> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.os.freebsd.questions/294398
WB> >
WB> > ANother heck is I can't see officially where can I search for the lists.
Sadly
WB> > the lists.freebsd.org doesn't have a 'Search'? Um, wasn't it a 'freebsd
lists
WB> > admin' reporting many whiles ago how efficiently (s)he had indexed them
with
WB> > 'udmsearch'/'mnogosearch'? What went wrong with that success story
afterwards?

WB> markmail.org is not bad for FreeBSD list searches.

Sure, and I meant Gmane is neither.

My question was: is it a good thing for freebsd project to rely on a
third-party services now for such a sensitive thing like lists indexing/search?

I remember it didn't in the past having an own full-text index. Is it a change?

Expected is: to have a 'search' link from mailing list's page. Why shall I
choose on my own that blindly? Third party index can be unknown to overlook
some stuff.

Aha! found it:

was kind of 'Not found' the last time I visited it. (Navigation bar and an
[h1] was 'Oh no:(')

Although I wish such a corresponding link to be found on the list's 'mailman's
page.

Thank you.

--
Peter Vereshagin <pe...@vereshagin.org> (http://vereshagin.org) pgp: 1754B9C1