On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Xyne wrote:

I'm the author of svn-export. I haven't really touched the code since I wrote
it in 2009 and back then I tended to write most things in noobish Perl.
Although it should not be difficult to replace threading with forking (and I
agree that Perl threading is generally to be avoided), I think I would rather
just rewrite it cleanly in Python. Among other things it will simplify argument
parsing and subprocess invocation via standard library functions.

This would be in Python 3 but I could try to restrict it to be compatible with
Python 2 if necessary.

Would that be better than patching/porting the current Perl version? If so then
I will put it on my todo list, but I am unlikely to have any time in the coming
weeks to work on it.

A working version in any language would be great. A better version in Python would be nice, too, but it's the working part that's important.

Incidentally, when looking at the code now I noticed that there were some SVN
options missing. I have added those in today's release.

Regards,
Xyne

p.s. I have not subscribed to this list, so please keep me in CC if you would
like me to reply (in case this isn't done automatically).

It's standard procedure for the FreeBSD lists.