On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 12:25:57 +0100, Emre Çamalan <mail...@yandex.com> wrote:
What is your distribution for installing FreeBSD, CD , DVD ?

You can also use DVD for installing kernel.

First , download FreeBSD 8.x or 9.x DVD distribution then try to install kernel with same way which is showing on cyberciti.biz. or reinstall your freebsd with FreeBSD 9.1 which ask to you for installing kernel.

I had to installed FreeBSD from the 8.3 DVD, because partitioning doesn't work on my machine, when I used 9.0. I updated the Kernel to 9.1, world and the ports tree.

I now use svn, but there's another issue now.

root@freebsd:/usr/src # svn checkout svn://svn.freebsd.org/base/releng/9.1/ /usr/src
[snip]
^CA    lib/libc/quad/fixdfdi.c

svn: E200015: Caught signal
root@freebsd:/usr/src #
root@freebsd:/usr/src # uname -a
FreeBSD freebsd 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0 r243825: Tue Dec 4 09:23:10 UTC 2012 r...@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC amd64

I don't know what "/releng" is for. Does this fit to my kernel?
I suspect I need to checkout r243825. How can I do this or what ever else I have to do?

Thank you.

Regards,
Ralf