From free...@edvax.de Sun Feb 10 00:42:11 2013

        On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 00:31:44 GMT, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
        >       From free...@edvax.de Sun Feb 10 00:29:36 2013
        >
        >       On Sun, 10 Feb 2013 00:18:06 GMT, Anton Shterenlikht wrote:
        >       > This is on amd64 r246552
        >       >
        >       > I added
        >       >
        >       > options COMPAT_43
        >       > options COMPAT_LINUX
        >       > options COMPAT_LINUX32
        >       >
        >       > to the kernel config,
        >       > following sys/amd64/conf/NOTES
        >       >
        >       > On buildkernel I get:
        >       >
        >       > unknown option "COMPAT_LINUX"
        >       >
        >       > What am I missing?
        >
        >       Do you also have those (from a working i386 system):
        >
        >       # Linux support
        >       options         COMPAT_LINUX            # Enable Linux ABI
emulation
        >       options         LINPROCFS               # Enable the linux-like
proc filesystemsupport (requires COMPAT_LINUX and PSEUDOFS)
        >       options         LINSYSFS                # Enable the linux-like
sys filesystem support (requires COMPAT_LINUX and PSEUDOFS)
        >       device          lindev
        >       options         COMPAT_AOUT             # Enable i386 a.out
binary support

        >       (note PSEUDOFS is also needed)
        >
        > No, I haven't added those.
        > Are these necessary to have
        > the linux binary compatibility?
        > The handbook only mentions COMPAT_LINUX.

        I think I had the same question some time ago and found
        out that if those options are present, the Linux functionality
        will build properly in the kernel. So I assume they are
        required.

I removed COMPAT_LINUX, and only left

options COMPAT_43
options COMPAT_LINUX32