Hello:

As there are no compiled FreeBSD 9.1 packages for pkg_tools I decided to build
them.
Last I started to build kde3. First I issued make configure-recursive in
/usr/ports/x11/kde3, then make install clean, and left the computer for
overnight to work.
I expected a successful build by the morning but instead I found a screen
requiring some
config options (for apache). I selected the options and the build went on.
But later other config windows came up, so far for mysqlclient, sane-backends,
tk, tcl, libxine and sdl. So my question are:

What is configure-recursive good for then? I thought it is for preventing
interactions
during the build process. Ho can I really configure everything in one step and
leave
the computer alone?

Second, after I've done a configure-recursive, how can I start it over from
scratch in case
I want to change some config option? If I reissue make configure-recursive,
I get only no configuration needed messages.

Thanks,

Istvan