On Monday,  9 June 2003 at 17:10:37 +0200, freeBSD wrote:
> I have three 120GB disks and one 170GB disk. The first three is forming
> a raid-5 volume using Vinum and the last one is just fooling around
> without any purpose.
>
> Can I add this 170GB to the raid5 volume in any way at all?

There's nothing (much) stopping you from adding another 120 MB subdisk
to your RAID-5 plex.  I think you'll have to do an attach -f.  You
*will* lose the contents of the plex (in fact, you'll have to
initialize all four subdisks).  You'll have to back up and restore
your data.

> I do realise that I will loose 50Gb, but that's better than not
> using it at all.

You can make another volume out of that.

Greg