On Fri, 15 Mar 2013, leeoliveshackelf...@surewest.net wrote:

Good evening, Free BSD enthusiasts. Thank you to each of the several people who have responded to my previous messages. I have made significant progress, but am now flummoxed at the installation of the boot loader. The handbook says to run this command, "boot0cfg -B ad0". When I run this command, I get the following error message: "Unable to get providername for ad0".

This message means there is no disk called ad0. On FreeBSD 9.x, it is likely to be called ada0 instead.

I can't find that command in the Handbook. Could you please point out where it is?