guys,

        ==many== yeears ago when i was running Only FBSD, I  asked
        this list how i could use mutt when somebody included an
        http://url.com; and i got replies that worked.  --sseems
        like the url string got moved to the end and clicking on the
        string exec'd firefox.

        in the past couple years i've sub'd to the nytimes and other places
        where the http string is several dozens of bytes.  in my mutt
        at least, there are "+" marks embedded at the beginning of each
        new lines.  so that when i mouse lick on the url, i almost
        invariably get  either Nothing from my browswer, or the wrong
        page.

        i've googled for days.  zero.  im finally asking the top list
        on the web.   can anybody clue me in?  i'm  using linux/gnome/mutt.
        but it shouldnt make any difference. [?!]

        tia, everybody,

        gary

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
              Twenty-six years of service to the Unix community.