On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 10:17:55 -0700 (PDT)
Anton Shterenlikht articulated:

> Jerry, Matthew, thank you
>
> I think I got it working.
> In addition to your advice, this guide was very helpful:
>
> http://www.phinesolutions.com/sendmail-gmail-smtp-relay-howto.html
>
> It seems these two options were required:
>
> define(`RELAY_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 587')
> define(`ESMTP_MAILER_ARGS', `TCP $h 587')

After reading that "How-to", I am so glad I use Postfix. Anyway, glad
you got it to work. You might find the idiot who wrote that first
"manual" you referenced and tell him/her they are a dumb-ass and post a
corrected manual.

--
Jerry ♔